by accident/chance 偶然,无意中;不小心
33.●adjust vt. 调整,调节,适应adjust your speed /the volume/ the camera
45. age n.年龄;时代vi. 变老for ages 多年; at an early age; at the age of … ;
3) ―只有,仅仅‖,The shoes alone cost $200. ※let /leave sb /sth alone 别打扰
63.◎annoy vt. (使)烦恼be annoyed with sb.for (at) sth.
76. ◎approach1). v. 接近;靠近;走进
89. asleep adj 睡着的,熟睡(表语形容词) fall asleep 入睡He seems to be fast asleep.
104. aware be aware of
3) 原因,缘由on the basis of…Some videos were banned on the basis of violence. 10. bath n.洗澡;浴室;澡盆; have/take a bath
beneficial adj. 有益的,有用的be beneficial to ...
n. 麻烦困难(不可数)---Thanks for your help. --- it was no bother.
4. camp n.营v.野营;宿营summer camp 夏令营go camping 去野营
18.◎central adj. 中心的,中央的central bank/government
30. cheque=check(美) 支票in cash 付现金by check/cheque 用支票支付
50. collect vt. 收集;搜集collect stamps/stamp collecting 集邮
67. ◎concentrate v. 集中(思想等)concentration n
Rumours of job losses were later confirmed.
2) consist in 在于,存在于The beauty of the city consists in its magnificent buildings. consistent adj 一致的be consistent with 与…一致
correctly adv. Have you spelled it correctly?
I was cross with him for being late. across prep.run across the road
I dare say 我想,很可能I dare say you know about it already.
17.degree n.度数(角);度数(温度);程度;学位an angle of ninety degrees
one’s devotion to his job devote oneself/ one’s time /one’s energy to sth. /doing sth.
He just laughed and dismissed my suggestion as unrealistic.
2)electric用电的,电动的electric current 电流electric shock 电击electric blanket
29.example n榜样set an example to/for sb take sth for example follow sb’s example
44. express v,表达; adj, 快的expression n表达/词句/表情/神色
56. feed v 喂养,饲养They have a large family to feed.
70. flood n 洪水,一大阵v 淹没The river is in flood.河水泛滥。
be grateful for/that I’m so grateful for all your help.
8.◎harm 危害n do (no) ~ to sb/sth v ~ sb/sth
23. hit (hit , hit) 1) v. ○1撞击打hit sb. on the head
He gave her mother a big hug.
impress v. impress sb with sth / sb He impressed us with his sincerity.
21. insist v. ○1The man insisted that he hadn’t stolen anything and that he (should) be set free.
33.jam n. traffic jam
He’s the last person I’d trust.The last thing I want to do is homework.